Have you ever wondered whether or not you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
A lot of people do, so I put together a list of the top ten ways to know if you have entrepreneurial DNA. It’s a fun list, and it isn’t in any way definitive. But if some of the points describe you, there’s a good chance that you have entrepreneurial DNA.
1. You can’t stop writing on napkins (sorry Starbucks).
2. You have backup ideas for your backup ideas.
3. You know that execution matters more than ideas, but you still have plenty of backup ideas.
4. You’d rather do anything else than work 9 to 5.
5. You’re even willing to work more hours just so you don’t have to work 9 to 5.
6. You’ll take a vacation next year.
7. You don’t have time for business school—there’s too much money to be made.
8. Your favorite show is Shark Tank, and it’s the only one you have time to watch.
9. You don’t know which is better—Inc., Entrepreneur, or Fast Company—so you subscribe to all three.
10. Selling your first company doesn’t mean it’s time to retire—it means you now have the cash needed to bankroll your next company. And the next one. And the next one after that…
Now that you’ve read these top ten ways to know you have entreprenurial DNA, which is your favorite? And what would you add to the list? Leave a comment, and let’s discuss!
Photo credit: nate steiner